What you will need to get started:
- List or idea of the gear you would like to rent. If you do not know for sure what gear you'd like to rent, that's okay. I'll be happy to assist you in crafting a lighting and camera kit that fits your needs and budget.
- Certificate of Insurance (COI). When renting, we ask that you have proof of insurance. This protects both parties from harm, in the rare instance of damage, theft, or otherwise. And while we're positive you'll take care of the equipment as if it were your own, it's better to have insurance and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Please see out Terms & Conditions page for more information.
- Photo ID. Driver's License, State-issued ID, Military or Student ID.
- Credit Card.
- Deposit. A 50% deposit is required at the time the rental agreement is signed.
Ready? Step-by-step instructions for Renting Equipment:
- Contact Haban Media Works. List the equipment you would like to rent, or equipment needs your production has, the timeframe you will need it for, and your contact information.
- I will generate and email you a quote specific to your production, along with a copy of our rental agreement.
- You provide the following: ( it is important to note that rentals are reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis, and your reservation is not approved until you have provided all of the following ) Signed Rental Agreement, COI, Photo ID, Credit Card, and Deposit.
- Your rental is now confirmed and booked. I will send you a confirmation email.
- On the equipment pick-up or delivery date, you provide the remaining balance before taking possession of your rental.
- When your rental period is expired, return the equipment or schedule a pick-up. The gear will be logged back in, and checked for missing or damaged equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need something that isn't in your inventory?
- Haban Media Works maintains working relationships with other rental companies and film crew across the state. Please let me know what additional gear you may need, and I'll be happy to track it down for you.
Are their financing option available for rentals? Do you need the full rental price up front?
- Yes, there are financing options available*. You want to shoot on the best equipment possible, but don't have the biggest budget either. Trust me. I've been there. Haban Media Works is very much a supporter of independent filmmaking, and happy to make a deal so that you have the equipment you need. These range from deferred payments, to back-end deals. Please contact me and explain your situation, and I'll discuss these possibilities with you.
- *Alternative financing may not be available for every production, and is at the sole discretion of Haban Media Works.
Think of any questions we missed? Please Contact us and let us know.